some thumbnails of my illustrations

some thumbnails of my illustrations
Please click on the links below to view my portfolio ........ Images copyright of Carrie Osborne

Wednesday 2 February 2011

At last, back in the Life Studio!

5 minute pose

My first life session in six months!
I admit I did feel very rusty indeed having hardly drawn at all for the last few weeks... When I don't draw everything feels stiff and difficult and ideas can't flow onto the page because I'm so conscious of my hand getting in the way of my mind if you know what I mean!

So I intend to have another decent run of life sessions to break me back in. Just seeing the other people's drawings was very inspiring in itself - especially one lady who's style I just love.
Last night she was using chinese inks with homemade bamboo quills, brush and water - wonderful, wonderful results, so flowing and intuitive - and certainly made my own drawing style feel very stiff and self conscious.
But that's what is so good about working within a group, so many other approaches to learn from and be inspired by...
Here's a few more of mine again from last night...

5 minute pose

10 minutes

30 minutes
(just couldn't nail down the foreshortening on that knee - ooh that sounds a bit brutal doesn't it, ouch!)


And 30 minutes again, though there's some very strange proportions going on here... ahem!

Looking forward to next time, though I think its time to replace my favourite charcoal pencil - it's only an inch and a half long now!

4 comments:

  1. Well your drawing hand doesn't look to rusty to me Carrie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I really like that 30 minute pose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There, I think you are being very hard on yourself. Your drawings are great. Why is we only ever see what we are not happy with in our own pictures? Love your blog. You have such a great variety of work. love your celtic drawings. you have great patience and a great eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your nice comments folks! I have missed the life drawing sessions - its good to be back...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments, please type away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails