some thumbnails of my illustrations

some thumbnails of my illustrations
Please click on the links below to view my portfolio ........ Images copyright of Carrie Osborne

Thursday 1 December 2011

A blog award...! And the fantastic adventures of Mr Fox....

Mr Fox by my daughter Elora Age 7

First of all I'd like to thank Lynn of Beneath the Bracken , who does wonderful evocative paintings and mixed media art, for sending me a blog award! I've not had one of these before, but it was lovely to be thought of, so after a quick study up of the rules I will certainly have a go at joining in!



So what I gather is that this award is to be passed on to five blogs you enjoy, each with fewer than 200 followers. Upon receiving one the idea is to:

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you .
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favourite bloggers.


Hmmm, so who to pick, there are so many great creative blogs out there and many more yet to be discovered. I've chosen some writerly ones and some arty ones that I really enjoy, so please do check them out!

The Twirling Dragon - The wonderful art of Kim Kincaid who is always so generous in sharing her learning curves, new directions and works in progress... I admire and learn!

WOL's River of Stones - This is my favourite of WOL's three lovely blogs (her others are to be found here at The Owl Underground and WOL's Poetry Place ) Some lovely Wordcraft going on here which I really enjoy, thanks WOL!

The Studio Window
- I love wood cuts and engravings and Cornish Printmaker Sue has a lovely blog here where she shares the fascinating journey, stage by stage from sketch through to the final proofs... always makes me itch to have a go myself!

Seven Miles of Steel Thistles - There is such a wealth of fascinating literary knowledge, of mythology, story and language here on Katherine Langrish's brilliant blog... I could get lost here for hours! A treasure trove for any writer, or reader for that matter!

The Golden Fish - This is a really inspiring blog I discovered a little while back combining beautiful images and words. I've been really enjoying these poems and stunning photography!


And so, now for a bit of prouid Mumness! To continue from the lovely Mr Fox picture done by my daughter Elora above, here's the rest of the series of drawings she was doing that I was rather taken by! She has a big thing for foxes and I thought these were so full of fun and action, great characters...!


Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did!

3 comments:

  1. I read that you got that award over at Lynn's place... nice. And I LOVE these fox drawings! The top on is soooo energetic, Mr. Fox is quite wonderful, as are the rest of the drawings, I especially love the fox taking a bath with a ducky, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another artist-storyteller in the family! These are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really did enjoy them, the detail is great, especially the bathroom scene with the duck and the bath tap. The other bathroom furniture, toilet and sink. It shows how she takes notice of the details of life. I also love the hot air from the food.
    Once I made bread with my class and a little boy had the loaf of bread on a plate and the long swirling air rising to the top of the piece of paper in his drawing....he said it was the smell of the bread...so lovely!
    Definitely a young artist. Well done Elora.xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments, please type away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails